Family Welcome Centers
Family Welcome Centers serve NYC families all year round with enrollment and admissions. Their staff members provide support Monday through Friday by email, by phone, or in person by appointment.
Please note that they are currently prioritizing support for families whose children do not yet have a school and need to register, or who need emergency medical or safety transfers.
IMPORTANT NOTE - When you email:
- In the body of your message, be sure to include your child's first name, last name, date of birth, and OSIS number,
- Please complete and attach a Student Registration Form(Open external link) to your message (visit our Enrollment Forms page to download this form in your language),
- Include a photo or scan of your government-issued photo ID,
- Include photos or scans of all required documents on the Registration Checklist(Open external link) (scroll down to view or download this form in your language) if your child is new or returning to the NYCDOE,
- Let us know if you need support in another language, and
- Let us know if you (the child's parent/guardian) are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Please do NOT include any photographs of students with your message.
Admissions for the 2022-2023 School Year
Questions about enrolment for the 2022-2023 school year? Check out more on the DOE grade by grade enrolment page:
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrollment
How good is your lottery number?
Use this website for a very easy way to see if your lottery number for HS admissions and waitlist is considered a good or bad number.